Ian Murray MP has welcomed Moredun Community Initiative Week (2 – 7 April 2013), which aims to make the area cleaner, greener and safer and raise awareness of all the various services available to residents within the Moredun area.
This intensive period of partnership activity is aimed at the Moredun area from Moredunvale Road to Ferniehill Drive which includes all six multi story flats, and will involve The City of Edinburgh Council, Lothian and Borders Police, and various partner agencies and supported by local groups including the newly established residents group. The intention is to deal with the area’s needs, community concerns and identify trends through statistical analysis.
During the week the following `drop-in` sessions will take place:
Tuesday 2 April,10am to 2pm. Police and Fire and Rescue Services will provide information on Cycle Safety and fire safety advice at Moredun library.
Wednesday 3 April, 2pm to 4pm. Staff from the South Neighbourhood local office, CastleRock/Edinvar Housing Association and Neighbourhood Support Service will provide advice and assistance on Welfare Benefit Reform at the Goodtrees Neighbourhood centre
Thursday 4 April 10am to 2pm. Police and Fire and Rescue Services will provide information on Driver and Pedestrian Safety and Fire prevention at Moredun library.
Friday 5 April, 12pm to 2pm. Police will provide cycle safety advice and bike marking at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
Saturday 6 April, 10am to 4pm. Police and Fire and Rescue Services will provide Crime Prevention information and Fire Safety Advice at Moredun library.
Lots of other work will be taking place across the area during the week.
Participants in the initiative will include:
- Lothian & Borders Police
- Lothian & Borders Fire and Rescue
- Community Safety Officers
- Environmental Wardens
- Task Force
- Specialist Cleaning Unit
- Housing Property Team
- Moredun Library
- Community Learning and Development
- Children and Families
- Community Engagement
- City of Edinburgh Council Noise Team
- Moredun Concierge Service
Activity during the week will include:-
- Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour
- Information and advice provided on range of issues at the drop in centres
- Street cleansing
- Graffiti removal
- Joint patrols by the Environmental Wardens and the Police
- Lothian & Borders Fire and Rescue Service carrying out residential fire and safety checks.
- Community Safety Officers doing face to face visits to residents
- Crime Prevention information and advice.
- Road Repairs if required
- Fire Safety Advice